ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"









Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Powered by Blogger

Blogwise - blog directory

Blogarama

Blog Search Engine

Creative Commons License

Contents licensed under a CC License.

PETITION for a TMOOD SEQUEL Sign up here.

Need a copy of the TMOOD DVD? Order here.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

For Us “In TMoODers”




Couldn’t resist the little play on words with the title of this song. Not to mention the fact that it is the music of Ray and Livy’s generation. And with all the speculation going on in the fan fiction, it is possible they enjoyed this song on several occasions.


The Glenn Miller Orchestra performs the recording of this Swing Era tune. Until recently, I was unaware that lyrics were written for it, too. So when I read the lyrics and thought about them, I wondered, “It may be Livy’s will.” That is…when she realizes she’s in the mood. Read the lyrics and decide for yourself. You all know the tune. Enjoy!

In the Mood
Who's the lovin' daddy with the beautiful eyes
What a pair o' lips, I'd like to try 'em for size
I'll just tell him, "Baby, won't you swing it with me"
Hope he tells me maybe, what a wing it will be
So, I said politely "Darlin' may I intrude"
He said "Don't keep me waitin' when I'm in the mood"

First I held him lightly and we started to dance
Then I held him tightly what a dreamy romance
And I said "Hey, baby, it's a quarter to three
There's a mess of moonlight, won't-cha share it with me"
"Well" he answered "Baby, don't-cha know that it's rude
To keep my two lips waitin' when they're in the mood"

In the mood, that's what he told me
In the mood, and when he told me
In the mood, my heart was skippin'
It didn't take me long to say "I'm in the mood now"

In the mood for all his kissin'
In the mood his crazy lovin'
In the mood what I was missin'
It didn't take me long to say "I'm in the mood now"


Glenn Miller (#1 in 1940)
- words by Andy Razaf, music by Joe Garland


Comments::