Did They or Didn't They?
Here are some things to think about.
- Today, most doctors say sex throughout pregnancy is okay unless there is a problem in the pregnancy (which in Livy's case there was not) OR if the cervix is starting to dilate. If she ends up delivering later that day, wouldn't her cervix likely have started to dilate? Question is, when did she last see the doc and did he check her cervix? Maybe, maybe not.
- What did doctors say about sex during pregancy back in 1945? I read a story one time that took place in the 1800s and many people would not have sex during pregnancy because they thought the baby would see its father's you-know-what! And if that's not bad enough, they thought if the baby saw its father's you-know-what, it wouldn't want to come out and might be stillborn! Attitudes no doubt changed between then and 1945, but what were they at that point? Mmmmmmmmm.
- Our hero Ray seems like he would not do anything to risk Livy's or the baby's well-being. On the other hand he has been reading up on preparing for baby so perhaps he's read about sex during pregnancy -- but what did the book say? Yes? No? Mmmmmmmmmm.
- Then there is Livy's size. Would you want a man to see you naked for the first time when you are nearly 9 months pregnant? Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.
- Maybe, as singleton gal likes to say, Livy and Ray had Baptist sex! It would help explain the transformation of Livy's hair and Ray's giddiness and comfort with getting close to her when he finds her by the fire pit.
Just some additional food for thought and a little devil's advocacy to get our thinking going (and remember, writing is processed thinking so get commenting and posting ladies!)